Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Whole Foods confession

wikimedia commons
I bought these items on September 30, because that was the deadline for my mail in rebate. I'm still going to count them as this week, because I bought them with the intent of using them for this project:

2 pounds ground beef ($5.49/lb) - $11.31 after tax
2 six packs of Zevia soda ($3.99/ea) - $8.26 after tax

Total deducted from my earnings this week: $19.57

HOWEVER, I won several mail in rebates from a RAOK at Hot Coupon World. I should receive a $6 mail in rebate from the beef listed above, a $10 mail in rebate on some frozen veggies I bought (not single serve), and a $5 rebate I'll get on chips (not single serve).

I divided the ground beef into 8 quarter-pound patties and froze them in packs of two. The price per patty is $1.41 before rebate, $0.72 after.

No comments:

Post a Comment