Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My dirty little secret...

Part of being a Spoiled American means not appreciating what I already have.

egads!
Now that I have a good system down for cutting out unnecessary clutter (unless I go out and earn the money), I need to focus on taking care of what I have.

My grandmother never left anything messy like this. She grew up during the Great Depression, where stuff just wasn't available. I have the opposite problem. I am drowning in stuff. To make matters worse, I live with my dad and step-mom, so I only have a tiny bedroom. Not that I'm complaining, it's just that I have more stuff than can fit in here comfortably.

My next step is to take care of the stuff I own, and get rid of my extra stuff. Now that I appreciate how much it costs to buy new things, this shouldn't be "one thing out the door, two more in" situation.

Look for weekly clutter updates. I'm again heading into uncharted territory, so please give me feedback...

No comments:

Post a Comment