Friday, October 22, 2010

About my bento box....

I spent 12 days deliberating about buying a bento box. My concerns were:

  • the cost
  • would I use it
  • what is the right size for me
  • would it be BPA free
  • would it be microwave safe
I focused on would I use it first and foremost. I started packing my lunch in one of those rectangular "single use" plastic food containers, kind of bento style. I found that, on days when I packed my ghetto bento, I was more likely to skip fast food and eat what I had prepared.

cloth cover that came with my bento


I mean, there's just something cool about opening a box of food that I've designed special for myself. And yeah, I know I could have done that (and did do that) without a proper bento box, but I decided to go ahead and get it.

The good news is, I found a bento box on Amazon that is the right size for me (650 mL - I don't need a big lunch), BPA free, and microwave safe.




And it was significantly cheaper than the bento I originally wanted. I spent around $22 on it (thank you Amazon gift certificates). Plus, the bento I originally wanted is too much bento for me.

So there you have it. I'll post my creative bento lunches that involve creative repurposing of leftovers from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment