Saturday, October 30, 2010

On Social Expectations and Set-Backs

Well, I've experienced a bit of a setback.

First, I spilled a drink on my keyboard. I had to buy a replacement. $11, but I'm not counting it since it's necessary.

Second, I've had a lot of social obligations lately. I purchased $68.35 worth of gifts this week, for a friend who is getting married, a relative who just moved, and a friend who is having a baby (not the one who is getting married).

And then yesterday I had lunch out with friends and dinner out with family. $15.73

On top of that, I purchased three Lorac lip glosses for $9 total from Haute Look (free shipping). I did this before any of the above spending happened. Really, I was trying to get ahead of the game for the holiday season. I also bought a $3 12-pack of Pepsi Throw-Backs.

So if you're with me, that's $96.08!

I'm so depressed. I pretty much know that this month is going to end in the red. I'm going to work my tush off to make up the deficit and be back in the black during November.

No comments:

Post a Comment